Why leave seams
Stone is a common material in indoor and outdoor buildings. It is widely used in walls, floors and other places. As a material born in nature, stone has unparalleled advantages. It has always been a natural texture formed according to natural changes. , shape, color, texture, etc., are all good materials to convey emotion and interpret the beauty of nature.
The main thing to share today is that the stone is left with seams.
The designer added a small detail in the treatment of the wall stone – leaving a gap.
In hotel lobbies, sales offices, residential areas, etc., or on walls, floors, etc., stone seams can be seen everywhere, and in large spaces, the details of stone seams are used with perfection.
seam on wall
What are the advantages of leaving seams on the wall? What are the disadvantages? It can be analyzed from the following 3 factors:
The sensory factors
2. Construction factors
3. Cost factors
1. Perception factors
1. The large area of stone leaves a gap, which can effectively avoid the problem of uneven installation and poor appearance caused by non-vertical stone during the construction of the stone on site due to various reasons.
△ Stone seam treatment
2. It can effectively alleviate the color difference and collision problem of the stone itself. After the seam is left, the color difference will be moderated and excessive, not as obvious as the close seam.
3. It can effectively avoid the defects caused by bumps, cutting errors, etc. caused by the edges and corners of the stone. And weakened its existence (of course, if the corners are bumped greatly, the treatment method of leaving seams cannot be covered up, and the stone must be replaced or repaired by the manufacturer).
4. If the pattern of the stone itself is not obvious, or it is close to a solid color, without the seam treatment, the whole space will appear very weak, and the effect will be similar to the effect presented by the coating. Therefore, at this time, it is necessary to pass the seam. To deal with it in a way, make the whole space tough.
2. Construction factors
1. After the seam treatment, the installation of large-scale stone is more convenient and fast.
2. The dry-hanging stone installation method with seam treatment is not prone to quality problems. Because we all know that the most likely quality problems of dry hanging stone on the wall are uneven surface, non-vertical, diagonal non-square, and after sealing, these problems can be easily avoided and unnecessary rework is avoided.
Whether the dry hanging stone leaves seams has little to do with the deformation of the material caused by thermal expansion and contraction, because dry hanging is different from wet pasting, there is no effect of mortar and adhesive, and normal thermal expansion and contraction will not affect the stone too much. influences.
3. Cost factors
1. If there are seams in the large area of stone, the gap will inevitably require grinding and polishing treatment. This cost will be included in the processing fee of the stone, which is usually charged at 5~8 yuan/meter, according to the length of the gap on the large area of the wall. To calculate, can also appropriately increase the project profit.
2. If the gap is too small, it needs to be seamed, which can also increase the cost of the project and achieve a better decorative effect.
△ The same stone map, color contrast between seamed and seamless effects
The biggest advantage of leaving the seam is to avoid the bumping of the corners of the stone and the unevenness of the surface, so the three most common ways of leaving the seam can be obtained.
Analysis of the “disadvantages” of leaving seams in stone walls
1. For small spaces, it is not suitable for seam processing. In small spaces, people are close enough to the wall to feel the roughness of the gap easily. If the seam is not suitable, and it just stays above and below the human eye level (1300~1500mm), then the fixed steel frame inside will definitely be seen through the gap, but the significance of the seam will be lost.
2. Although the seam treatment avoids the common problems of close seam splicing such as color difference, insufficient flatness and verticality, and the size of the seam, the size of the gap needs to be strictly controlled. If the size of the gap is not controlled, the final effect can be imagined.
3. The treatment of the seam is higher for the workers’ craftsmanship and the management of the construction process. If the seam is tight, the dry-hanging adhesive can be applied at will, but if the seam is left, the dry-hanging adhesive needs to strictly control the dosage. An obvious glue mark affects the look and feel of the final product.
Based on the above analysis of “pros” and “cons”, it is finally explained whether the wall stone needs to be left with seams, which should be comprehensively weighed in combination with the size of the space, the texture style of the stone and the length of the construction period.
①、Technical features: The improved method of “straight touch” closing of the stone; there is no need to grind the stone; a 5mm gap is reserved between the horizontal rows of the stone
②, decorative effect: simple, neat, orderly, deepen the wall linear effect
③, applicable parts: wall
④, applicable material: stone
⑤, construction degree: ★
(When handing over the stone on the wall, it is necessary to leave a seam on the stone that has a handover relationship, that is, the stone is offset by a certain size, leaving an obvious gap. This is not only convenient for construction, but also ensures the integrity of the stone. At the same time It alleviates the monotony of the plane effect of the “direct touch” form and enriches the visual effect of the wall layer.)